With more data being produced than ever before, businesses are having to adopt a simpler, more cost-effective approach to storage.
That’s why people are now looking for infrastructure that’s not only reliable and straightforward to deploy, but that can also be scaled at the speed required to keep pace with this data growth without compromising performance or control.
“Loyalties to traditional, standalone servers are diminishing in today’s IT ecosystems as managers adopt innovative technologies that eliminate multiple pain points. Innovation inherent in converged systems and in hyper-converged infrastructure is driving process efficiencies and agility that are increasingly tangible.” Christian Perry, 451 Research
In our latest blog, we cover everything you need to know about Dell EMC’s VxRack system.
So why VxRack?
- Offers an easy and fast to stand up rack scale hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) solution that combines performance and simplicity
- Uncomplicated way to deploy an HCI solution that’s quick to manage and scale
- Start with just 8 nodes, before scaling to 100's when or if you need
- A completely engineered, turnkey solution that reduces cost and day to day admin
VxRack – What’s new?
The addition of VxRack to Dell EMC’s offering is designed to simplify and speed up the IT transformation process, providing:
- The industry’s top, turnkey, HCI options for VMware environments
- Advanced security options, including vSAN Encryption, the industry’s first native HCI security solution with data-at-rest encryption built into vSAN 6.6
- The latest VMware technologies, including VMware Cloud Foundation
- Up to 80% more efficient at scale, providing more resources for applications, with a single management cluster for the entire system
- Greater flexibility and performance, including expanded CPU and all-flash storage options
- Integration with VMware Cloud Foundation with VxRack and VxRail products
Ideal Use Cases
- Private cloud in a box
- All the benefits of the public cloud but without compromising performance, privacy or control
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Predictable scalability, occupies a smaller data centre footprint and can grow as the business grows
- Test and development environment
- Simulates a real production environment that can be isolated from main infrastructure
- Limited IT resource
- The modularity of the system simplifies the deployment process, cuts out capacity planning and requires less administration
To discover what VxRack can do for your business, click here
Written by Tom Walker, (Strategic Vendor Alliance Manager)